Posts tagged "steam punk"

Almost finished with my Holy Roman Iron Knight. I thought it would be fun to put him in a Regiment going off to fight Saladin in the 2nd Crusades. Still have to add some filigree to his boots as well as finish up his Rose Window. Photo courtesy of Getty thru the Metro.UK

Iron Knight of the Holy Order.

This soldier is a response to my Colossus of Hattin. I envisioned the Holy Roman Empire building their own steampunk version. Rather than a knights helmet at the head, I thought a spire would be more astounding with a Rose Window for the eye. The pauldron is a cross from fantasy and something I saw on German armor. I just finished the legs and will have images of that soon.

Behind the Gates.

The mask I created for my wife visioluxus. I forget how things bold and simple usually get the strongest reactions.

Napoleonic Dragoon Mechanized Soldier under Construction.

After watching Sleepy Hollow and being inspired, I did some research and decided to instead create something a little later in history. I really liked the Dragoon soldiers with their coats and helmets the most. I do have a robot head with Tri-corn hat that still needs a body…….but that will have to wait.

Steampunk Armament.

Here is the right arm of my new Victorian Steampunk Mech that I am constructing. Based loosely on the 15cm WW1 cannons-I wanted the feel of early, turn of the century war.

Finished Victorian Rhino Beetle Mask.

Finally finished the mask. Here is some Point-n-Shoot images- Visioluxus (my wife) should be shooting with a model soon and I will have better images to share. It’s all paper with a faux gold and enamel finish. You can scroll back to see some detail work of go to my blogspot account and look there.

Finally got to work on my Hercules Beetle Mask. The whole mask will be gilded gold with both black and jade enamel. I still have to work on the wings and attach the bug parts.

Some more images of my Victorian Airship

Here is the final design placed on the airship. The next step is the build the bridge and place “glass” over my “wrought iron.” Now I go and work on my Bridge.

Here is my Antikythera mechanism in progress. I still need to add some more gears and maybe some spheres rotating around or something. It’s just shy of a quarter in size. I will get a better pic of it when completed.