This soldier is a response to my Colossus of Hattin. I envisioned the Holy Roman Empire building their own steampunk version. Rather than a knights helmet at the head, I thought a spire would be more astounding with a Rose Window for the eye. The pauldron is a cross from fantasy and something I saw on German armor. I just finished the legs and will have images of that soon.
Our team is at the bottom…..but that didnt stop us from having a good time. I created awards to honor our players with their unique talents and skills as well as dust off my cartooning skills. Funny how everybody knew who each award was going to before I read off the names.
Product shots of the amazing beetle mask my husband made for me. It’s definitely one of those things you have to see in person, and I suppose it’s not technically a mask since the wearer can’t see through it.
Constructed out of hand cut paper, paint and glue. I’m trying to convince him to do a series of insects but he is not listening to me, even though I keep showing him photos of really amazing and strange bugs. I can’t really complain though, because you should see what he made me next! Pic coming soonish.
I will work on some more bug masks……but I have a robot to finish first
Napoleonic Dragoon Mechanized Soldier under Construction.
After watching Sleepy Hollow and being inspired, I did some research and decided to instead create something a little later in history. I really liked the Dragoon soldiers with their coats and helmets the most. I do have a robot head with Tri-corn hat that still needs a body…….but that will have to wait.
I created this after I saw some pics of Angelina Jolie in her Maleficent make up and was inspired. The model is Cara White and the photographer is Visioluxus (my wife). There are more glamour pics, I just have to wait for them. Enjoy.
Finally finished the mask. Here is some Point-n-Shoot images- Visioluxus (my wife) should be shooting with a model soon and I will have better images to share. It’s all paper with a faux gold and enamel finish. You can scroll back to see some detail work of go to my blogspot account and look there.
Elisa and I are starting a new series based on beetles and other insects. This first one is a Hercules Beetle. I’ve posted my idea-then some of the bug parts (the two wings and the head piece). The group shot also includes the body carapace(the final design has the model’s face covered), the head piece, one wing cover and the legs. The mask is in the corner. The last two are the faux finishes with the enamel treatment in progress. Working on the wings and the legs-will post soon.